Styled: Cosy for the Cold Months
The evenings are drawing in and the temperature is dropping. As much as we love summer, colder months are a great excuse to get all cosy and relax at home. Check out our edit of gorgeous homeware for winter 2016, themed to a rainy-day grey colour palette...
1. One of the things we love most about winter is lighting candles early in the evening. Soft candlelight instantly makes any space feel intimate and warm, and is our cue to relax and wind down from the day. We love these elegant, luxe candles in brass and black from Worthy.
2. Another beautiful candle in black and gold, this time with a lush scent to fill the room. Ashley & Co candles (called waxed perfumes) come in a range of gorgeous fragrances.
3. The ultimate in cosy comfort - a designer beanbag chair from Lujo NZ. Our beanbag chairs are soft enough to nap in, but sturdy enough to keep you upright, unlike some beanbags that move around and collapse. In a range of colours, including the luxe charcoal shade shown here.
4. Winter calls for simple, understated colours, but plenty of touch-me texture. The Soala cushion from Citta strikes the perfect balance between subtle and sensory.
5. One cushion is definitely not enough. This gorgeous grey number adds a playful touch with its soft pompoms. From Flux Boutique.
6. You're snuggled in your beanbag chair with a mug of something hot and a good book. The only thing missing is a warm blanket... We love this super soft 'nap blanket' from Citta Design.
7. As with cushions, two stylish blankets are always better than one. Use as a throw over the end of your bed, toss over a favourite chair or fold over the arm of the couch. These textured cotton throws from Kip & Co, with the beautiful big tassles, make a real style statement.
8. A comfy robe is a must-have. Choose for fabric and quality first, so you'll feel like a million dollars for many winters to come. We love this classic waffle robe, in a soft grey organic cotton, from Tessuti
9. Keep those toes warm - simple but stylish wool-blend house slippers from Paper Plane
10. Turn off your phone, turn on some jazz, and position one of these designer floor cushions in front of the fireplace. Don't forget that glass of wine. Our giant floor cushions come in a range of colours to suit your style; shown here in a contemporary soft grey.
11. A cosy space needs a rug that feels sensational underfoot. We love this soft n' shaggy looped-pile rug from Citta, with its 'modern folk' design.