We appreciate that when purchasing from Lujo, you’re investing in a quality piece of furniture that you will enjoy for many years. To help prolong the life of your Lujo products, we’ve put together the following resources:
Sunbrella® Marine Canvas and Sunbrella® Blend (Outdoor Bean Bags)
Sunbrella® Marine Upholstery (Hammocks, Sun Loungers & Giant Cushions)
Warwick® Halo (Indoor Bean Bags — Tulum Collection)
Textilia® Momentum (Indoor Bean Bags — Kyoto Collection)
- Brush, vacuum or hose down to remove dust or dirt regularly.
- Spot clean with mild soap and water and a soft brush. Hose down and air dry.
- Periodic professional dry cleaning if required.
Kwila is one of nature’s most durable timbers, prized for its ability to withstand harsh outdoor and marine environments. With an exceptionally beautiful grain, high oil content and density surpassing that of teak, this hardwood is hard to beat for use in outdoor furniture.
It’s easy to clean and maintain, forgiving of extreme temperatures and climates and looks beautiful for decades.
To get the best out of your Lujo kwila furniture, please follow the instructions below:
- Bleeding: The abundant natural oil in kwila is a feature of the wood and makes it very durable in harsh outdoor climates. This oil and resin may ’bleed’ out of the timber in the ﬁrst six months of its life. It’s recommended that an initial hosing down on grass is undertaken before placing the furniture on your deck or patio. Any subsequent resin marks will disappear over time or can be cleaned off with a general purpose cleaner available from your local hardware store.
- Maintenance: Some people like to let their kwila furniture ’silver off’ over time whilst others prefer to maintain the original rich brown or red color.
If you’re in the latter group, we recommend giving you kwila a light sand (using fine sand paper or a scour pad) every 6-12 months to remove any dirt and open the pores of the timber again. Following this, apply a generous coat of kwila furniture oil (Cabots, Sikkens, Wattyl or similar) with a rag or brush, then wipe down to remove any excess oil. Allow at least 24 hours to dry, then repeat.