The Style Set - Designer Outdoor Living
Spring has sprung here in the Southern Hemisphere, and we're starting to think about BBQ dinner parties and long weekend afternoons spent lazing and lounging outdoors. Now's the perfect time to style your outdoor living spaces... so, here, we've rounded up a few designer accessories to help you do just that!
1. A few well-placed candles make for a lovely ambience when the sun dips below the horizon. We especially love these small candle tins by NZ brand Shooting Sparrow, with a lid to keep the candles tidy and dry during the day, and gorgeous unique scents like Avocado & Mint. From The Clever design store.
2. Our customers asked for giant outdoor cushions, and we answered! Simple and sophisticated in design, our giant cloud cushions come in a wide range of elegant colours (including the very popular grey, pictured here), and are made to last with Sunbrella water-and-fade-resistant fabric.
3. These wall planters add a fun and very contemporary touch to any outdoor room. Add your favourite easy-care plants, or even herbs! From Jenz Studio.
4. Every social Saturday night or lazy Sunday arvo deserves a soundtrack. These bluetooth speakers will wirelessly stream your music from any bluetooth-enabled device, like your iPhone or laptop. Available in a variety of bright colours, from Paper Plane.
5. Why shouldn't plant pots have designer looks too? We love the B For range, available here.
6. Treat yourself to the ultimate in outdoor relaxation - our new rocking sun lounger. Gently rock back and forth as you relax, or use the handy stopper to lock yourself into your favourite lounging position. Made to our exacting standards from long-lasting Kwila hardwood, with oh-so-comfortable quick-dry foam, upholstered in Sunbrella's exceptionally hardy marine fabric. Our new luxury sun loungers are available in a range of upholstery colours, including the Dark Naval we've shown here.
7. Keep the refreshments flowing... make up your favourite spritzer or punch and serve in this retro-inspired drinks dispenser! The wide neck makes it easy to add ice and fruit, and it holds a generous 8 litres. From Paper Plane.
8. Also from Paper Plane, this set of melamine (unbreakable, so perfect for outdoor use) cups, featuring a design by the one and only Orla Kiely. We love the colour palette too.
9. This simple but very clever bottle opener is one of the hugely popular designs by New York-based Areaware.
10. All these drinks we're talking about need a low table to sit on... one of our outdoor bean bag ottomans would be ideal. Such a versatile piece of furniture for any outdoor space - you can put your feet up on them, use them as a low table, or even as a comfy seat when the guests outnumber the chairs. Our newest colour, a lovely deep indigo, is proving very popular.
11. No round-up of designer outdoor furniture would be complete without including our stylish outdoor bean bag chairs. They come in a range of modern colours to suit any space, have an innovative 'form holding' design (which means they don't lose their shape) and excellent back support, and are lightweight and easy to move around... to chase the sun (or shade!) around the deck.
12. We love Australian brand Kip & Co, especially their collection of designer beach towels. This is the Freckles bath towel, from Kip & Co's brand new Summer '14 range, One Fine Day. A fun pattern in a reversible design, in classic black and white.